Monday, October 10, 2011

DIY at the Trahan House

A few weeks ago, I needed some special props for a photography session...so Ella and I got to makin...

It started with a trip to Mannings for chalk boards on a date night...exciting life we live!...but they were closed and apparently NO ONE else sells chalk boards.  Soo my genius husband suggested we make some.  Off to Michaels, which I will have to revisit because I fell in LOVE, to buy some art canvases.

Painted the canvases with chalk board paint and let dry for 4 hours.  Repeat.  Tadaa! Chalk boards!




And of course we had to try them out.


Then to soup can phones - which turned out to be a huge success!! Pretty simple...soup cans, soap and water, string.  Wallah. Instant fun.



And of course we had to try them out.





I just purchased a really cool piece of furniture that is going to be transformed into two little girls dream dress up store....cant't wait to get started!



...and just in case you really want to know....this entire blogging and photo editing was done with a baby boy on my lap who thinks it is hilarious that when he puts his foot up to my face I kiss it....love. 

3 comments: